Vagrant Baserow Ubuntu Install Test
This folder contains a vagrant file and bootstrap.sh which together will start up a local Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine with Baserow installed and working. To do this it extracts the bash from the install-on-ubuntu.md guide and runs it in a fresh new VM.
WARNING: Using this vagrant setup is currently intended only for local testing and development.
How to run
- Install virtualbox - https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- Install vagrant - https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads
- Install required vagrant plugins:
vagrant plugin install landrush
- Used to setup a local dns server so you can visit Baserow using a domain
vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest
- So we can mount in your local baserow repo and use that to install Baserow
- On Ubuntu I had to follow the instructions
- Also see https://gist.github.com/neuroticnerd/30b12648a933677ad2c4 for more landrush dns tips.
- Change the branch found at the end of line 6 in the Vagrantfile to be the branch you want to test.
- You might need to interactively enter your password for the landrush dns plugin to successfully add local dns entries on your host for Baserow running inside the vm.
- Wait a long time for everything to be provisioned
- Once done visit http://baserow.vagrant.test on your host machine to see the Baserow running inside the vm.
vagrant sshto ssh into the VM and make changes, inspect the logs, restart services etc.